Facebook Twitter Google+

Rahul Dravid retires from International Cricket

Formar Indian Test team captain and now Rajasthan Royals captain today retires from international cricket. Rahul Dravid announced his retirement in a packed press conference in Banglore. He had already announced his retirement from ODI's last year after England tour.

Image Curtsey: The Wall Street Journal

In his 16 years long career in Indian Cricket, Dravid become second highest run scorer in test cricket history. He has scored 13,288 runs in 164 tests, which includes 36 centuries.

Here are excerpts from his announcement:
I would like to announce my retirement from international and domestic first-class cricket. It has been 16 years since I first played a Test match for India, and I feel it’s time for me to move on. 

 I have had a wonderful time, but now it is time for a new generation of young players to make their own history and take the Indian cricket team even further.

1 comments:

  1. Neha Sharma said...:

    It's very unfortunate that Dravid has retired, But I guess, it will be interesting to see him playing in IPL 2012

Post a Comment